November 8, 2013
Within Clinic Essentials, you have the ability to email from several different features: Recall System, Appointment Reminders, Statements and Invoices, Reports, and direct email.
Using the Email Template feature will help you save time when sending out emails to a group of patients. With email templates, you can send out a personalized email to multiple patients without creating a specific email for each recipient. Within your email template, you can add merge fields in the template body so that a patient’s data will appear within the email. When sending out an email, please ensure the patient email address and data are up-to-date on the Patient Information screen.
You can create your email templates from any feature within Clinic Essentials that allows you to email. In this example, I will create a template from the Patient Information screen:
- In the Patient Information screen, there is an Email button to the left of the email address field. Click on the Email button.
- The Email Patient window will appear. Select New at the top of the window.
- Fill in the Template Name. The template name describes the type of template, such as ‘Invoice’ or ‘Recall – 3 months’. The recipient will not see this template name.
- Fill in the Subject. The recipient will see this subject line. If you are creating an invoice template, your subject could say “Copy of your Invoice from Clinic” (replace ‘Clinic’ with your clinic name).
- In the Body section, you can type a message that will be used each time you send out an email with this template. To include a patient’s unique information, select a merge field from the Insert dropdown menu. For example, if you want to include the patient’s first name, you would select client firstname. The merge field, <client_fname>, will be embedded into the body of the email. The recipient will not see <client_fname>. Instead, the patient’s own name will be displayed when they receive the email. Here is an example of embedding the patient’s name, last appointment date, and the practitioner’s name in the email body:
Please find attached your current invoice for <last_appt_date>.
- Select Save at the top of the window to save your template. You will now see it displayed under Existing Templates dropdown menu when you email a patient.
Return to Knowledge Base