February 14, 2013
If a workstation loses connection to the computer the data is stored on, you will receive an error message when you try and open Clinic Essentials.
"DataBase 'MEDIMAX.DBC' does not exist / is not yet available at: <location>
Do you want to enter a new DataBase path?"
- The first thing you want to check is if you can still see the network drive. Open Computer/My Computer
- If you see the drive listed under Network Location (make a note of the drive letter) you can try opening the drive by double clicking on it.
- If the drive opens without errors, try logging into Clinic Essentials. Sometimes just opening the drive will reconnect it, and you will then be able to log in.
- If you still receive the error listed above, you will need to select "Yes" to a new path.
- At the bottom, select the drive letter (from step 2) that your data is kept at and press Select
- At the top, select the Clinesse/Data folder and press Select
- If you receive an error when opening the drive, it is possible that you are experiencing network issues with either this individual workstation or clinic wide. You can attempt to restart this workstation as the drive may reconnect itself. If this does not resolve the issue, you will need to contact your clinics technical support and have them assist you with resolving the network issues. Once the network issues have been resolved, you will then be able to reconnect Clinic Essentials.
- If you do not see the drive listed under Network Locations, it is possible that your mapped drive was disconnected. If this is the case you will need to contact your clinics technical support to remap it.
Applicable to Version 7.10.47 and higher
Return to Knowledge Base