May 9, 2013
Clinic Essentials has the ability to instantly send emails to your patients/clients, and attach documents saved to your computer. Please update Clinic Essentials to the latest version to access this new feature
Setting Up the Email Template
- Open the Patient Information Screen.
- Select the Email button, located beside the patient email address.
- Click New at the top of the email patient screen to create a template for future use.
- Template Name: Enter the description/name of your template ( eg. Newsletter).
- Subject: Enter the subject of the email that the patient will see when they receive the email.
- Body: Click Edit, start typing in the Body field
- Click the Insert drop down menu, and select the appropriate data you wish to be displayed in the template (eg.<client_fname><last_appt_date><next_appt_time>). It will automatically insert this data for the patient selected
- Save: This template will now be saved in your Existing Templates drop down menu at the top of your screen.
Sending the Email
- Open the Patient Information screen.
- Click the Email button as described above.
- Select your template you had saved to the Existing Templates drop down menu ( eg. Newsletter).
- To: will automatically fill in the selected patient's email address.If the patient has no email address it will be highlighted in yellow
- Attach: You can attach a document saved anywhere on your computer by clicking the icon next to the field.
- Send: It will now send the document you have attached along with the template message you had created in the steps above to the selected patient's email address.
Return to Knowledge Base