March 19, 2014
Clinic Essentials has the ability to manage gift certificates. Here are the instructions to issue and redeem them.
Issuing a Gift Certificate:
- Create a new patient: First Name = Gift, Last Name = Certificate
- Click Billing or Pay, and select the appropriate Billing Practitioner you wish to use.
- In the Payment field at the bottom, enter the payment amount and select the payment source (Cash, Cheque, Debit, Visa, Mastercard). Click Save.
You should now have a payment (credit) on the Gift Certificate patient’s ledger.
Redeeming a Gift Certificate:
- Bring up the patient chart named Gift Certificate
- Click Billing or Pay, and select the billing practitioner the gift certificate was issued under.
- In the Payment field at the bottom of the billing screen, enter the negative value of the gift certificate.
- Select Cash as the payment method and click Save.
- When the Apply Payment window appears, select Apply To: PAYMENTS in the drop down menu at the top of the screen. Check the payment and click Done.
- Bring up the chart of the patient using the gift certificate and bill for the treatment.
- Enter the amount of the gift certificate in the payment field, and select the payment source as Cash.
Return to Knowledge Base